Exclusive Online Guide to Sports Betting
UK players love sports betting. It’s without a doubt one of the most popular pastimes of 2018, but some new sports betting fanatics might not know exactly where to start.
That’s why our reviews team has compiled an official sports betting guide to the UK, so you can rest assured knowing that you’re betting with a reputable and top quality casino.
Discover the top sports betting sites in 2018:
- Huge sports variety, from the niche to classic fan favourites
- Fantastic odds, value, and in-game sports betting options
- Start reeling in bonuses and promotions when you sign up
- Start placing bets on a wide range of markets
- Highest quality of online sports betting reviews
- Guaranteed safety & regulation thanks to the UK GC
UK’s Top Sports Sites in 2018
Have a Specific Game in Mind?
Inside Our Reviewers’ Minds
Ever wonder what our reviewers look out for when rating a casino or online sports betting company? It turns out that they judge casinos according to a few separate categories, and only pass on a recommendation to users when high marks were scored across the board.
By understanding how our reviewers do it, we hope that players will get a better sense of what makes a top quality online casino in 2018.
Here’s what our reviews team pays attention to:
Markets - The highest quality sports betting sites in the UK offer a variety of sports and games to bet on, from the popular to the niche, so you never get bored.
Free Bets - In order for a sports betting site in the UK to score top marks, it needs to offer players the occasional free bets. These promotions are vital to learning the game, so watch out.
In-Play - In-play betting is a player favourite, as it allows you to follow the game and bet accordingly. We believe all top sports betting sites should offer in-play betting, as it’s a true adrenaline rush.
Security - It almost goes without saying the best UK sports betting companies all use the most up-to-date encryption software to keep your personal and banking details safe. Don’t expect anything less.
Banking - A good online casino or sports betting site allows players multiple ways to deposit and withdraw cash, and keeps all banking policies transparent. You should trust where you put your money.
Payouts - We know that players want payouts in a matter of days, not weeks. We prefer casinos that process payouts at lightning speed and with the lowest possible transaction fees, so you get to take home what you earned.
Support - Everyone has questions sometimes, so we believe casinos should offer responsive and helpful customer support, which we test personally before recommending casinos further.
Steer Clear of Blacklisted Casinos
It’s easy to find stellar online casinos in the UK, so why settle for anything less? Our blacklist is regularly maintained by the reviews team, who keeps negative feedback (e.g. consistent issues with payouts) from players in mind. Put simply, avoid these blacklisted sites if you value your time, energy, and hard-earned cash.
Blacklisted UK Casinos - What You Should be Avoiding
Cherry Red Casino
Ongoing payment problems
Series of casino payout problems
Euro City Casino
Ongoing payment problems
All commercial gambling in the UK, including sports betting, is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. This comes down to:
- Issuing official licenses to pre-approved gambling and sports betting sites, so you can rest assured knowing your online casino is authentic and trustworthy enough to invest in.
- Assuring fair games. The UKGC investigates all complaints, which protects players by keeping them safe from scams.
- Protecting your funds by ensuring that money is stored in the proper accounts, as well as approving various payment methods used on the sites.
Responsible gambling and dealing with illegal activity will continue to be the main focus for us in 2018 and this is consistent with our statutory duties. ”Sarah Harrison - Gambling Commission CEO
Get in on the Sports Betting Action
Ready to give sports betting a try and get in on the action? It’s as simple as signing up and claiming your welcome bonus, but don’t forget these expert tips as you get started:
- Don’t settle for less. Top casinos allow you to bet on football, ice hockey, basketball, boxing, rugby, cricket, and more. Why not try them all?
- We rate according to multiple factors. You deserve a casino that caters to markets, free betting, security, banking, support, and more.
- Our blacklist is there for you so you don’t fall for a less than trustworthy casino.
- The UK Gambling Commission protects players. Always check for a license.
- Enjoy a huge free bonus of up to £100
- Numerous simple options for quick cashouts.
- Plenty of regular bonuses & attractive promotions.
After you’ve settled on a top UK sports betting site, simply create an account and claim your welcome bonus. Choose your preferred banking method and the sport you’d like to start with and place your first bet.
Yes, if you choose the right UK site. Our reviews team passes on only the best online sports betting sites that offer new players a welcome bonus just for signing up. If you’re offered one, you should definitely take advantage of these insane offers. Where else can you get free money?
Sports betting fanatics in the UK can bet on football, American football, ice hockey, rugby, boxing, cricket, basketball, and even darts.
Yes. As long as you choose a UK Gambling Commission regulated site, sports betting online is completely legal and safe. Of course, we recommend sticking with our recommended sites and avoiding those less trustworthy casinos on the blacklist.
Yes. In 2018, most UK online casinos and sports betting companies have a mobile gaming option, which is especially convenient if you need to make a bet on the go. Top UK sports betting sites will even have mobile apps you can download.
Definitely. Many players have gone on to make a solid income betting on sports, especially as it becomes more and more popular. It’s certainly not easy and involves more risk than most people are comfortable with, but it can be done.
You might hear some suggestions from other players, but in the end, the only truly effective strategy to win at sports online betting is to practice budget management, maintain a sensible bankroll, and know the game inside and out.